Serendib
An intermittently Liberal anthology compiled by Jonathan Calder


Sunday, October 24, 2004  

David Hemmings on Blow-Up
I had a costume fitting that same afternoon, where they threw a pair of white jeans and a green corduroy jacket at me. And for the first time, I was allowed to see the script and was given a copy to take away.

As soon as I was out of the building, I dived into the nearest pub, probably didn't even notice its name, ordered what I've always called a PoG - a pint of Guinness - which I didn't remember drinking, opened the script and buried myself in it. I read it three times from cover to cover before I rang Jane and told her.

"What's it like?" she asked eagerly.

"God knows," I said, shaking my head rather like the Maestro. "I don't understand what the hell it's all about."

David Hemmings Blow-Up and Other Exaggerations (2004)

posted by Jonathan Calder | 5:54 pm
archives
links